Nau mai! Haere mai
"Like" our Facebook page
The UNESCO Memory of the World New Zealand is calling for Expressions of Interest for submissions to the New Zealand documentary heritage register.
The Expression of Interest (EOI) form helps potential nominators to do an initial assessment of their documentary heritage against the Memory of the World criteria. The Trust uses the EOI form as background for discussion with the potential nominator. Nominators who decide to continue will be offered support to complete the full nomination form. It is not compulsory to complete an EOI form prior to making a nomination.
Expressions of interest close on 31 March 2017. The EOI form is available here.
Nominations for inscription close on 31 August 2017. The Nomination form is available here.
The Memory of the World New Zealand register currently lists 20 inscriptions of significant documentary heritage. Their custodians include heritage institutions in our main cities, small towns and private collections. All greatly contribute to the story of our nation’s history and heritage and are significant to the identity of New Zealanders today.
Advantages of inscription on the New Zealand/Aotearoa MOW register include:
- Ensuring that our history and our stories are not forgotten
- Highlighting the significance of the information /knowledge contained in collections
- Recognition by an independent organisation (UNESCO)
- Public recognition of the importance of documentary heritage
- Publicity and promotion for your institution
- To be part of an international network of the most important documentary heritage in the world
- Increased possibility of attracting resources (to care for, preserve and promote the collection)
- Raised awareness of the work done by custodians of documentary heritage