Nau mai! Haere mai
"Like" our Facebook page
The UNESCO Memory of the World New Zealand Trust is now calling for submissions to the New Zealand documentary heritage register. Closing date for receipt of completed Nomination Forms is 31 August 2016.
A short, mainly tick box, Expression of Interest form has been developed to help potential nominators to identify if their documentary heritage is likely to fulfill the criteria for registration. Expressions of Interest must be received by 30 April 2016 after which a committee member will be in touch to offer support with the nomination. It is not compulsory to complete an Expression of Interest.
Read our latest newsletter
Advantages of inscription on the New Zealand/Aotearoa Memory of the World Register include:
- Ensuring that our history and our stories are not forgotten
- Highlighting the significance of the information /knowledge contained in collections
- Recognition by an independent organisation (UNESCO)
- Public recognition of the importance of documentary heritage
- Publicity and promotion for your institution
- To be part of an international network of the most important documentary heritage in the world
- Increased possibility of attracting resources (to care for, preserve and promote the collection)
- Raised awareness of the work done by custodians of documentary heritage