Nau mai! Haere mai
"Like" our Facebook page
See our newsletter here
Nominations to this year’s UNESCO Memory of the World New Zealand documentary heritage register close on 31 August.
The Nomination form is available here.
The Memory of the World New Zealand Trust Chair, Dianne Macaskill, says:
“the Trust is looking forward to seeing what documentary heritage treasures will be nominated this year."
Advantages of inscription on the New Zealand/Aotearoa MOW register include:
- Ensuring that our history and our stories are not forgotten
- Highlighting the significance of the information /knowledge contained in collections
- Recognition by an independent organisation (UNESCO)
- Public recognition of the importance of documentary heritage
- Publicity and promotion for your institution
- To be part of an international network of the most important documentary heritage in the world
- Increased possibility of attracting resources (to care for, preserve and promote the collection)
- Raised awareness of the work done by custodians of documentary heritage